Want to be a part of the fun? Get started by filling out your volunteer profile below! We will post needs for volunteers as events come up.
Here is an idea of what you might be doing at the events:
Golden Farmer’s Market
Woody’s Cruiser Ride Description
Woody’s Wood-Fired Pizza hosts monthly cruiser rides on the last Tuesday of the month from April to October. This is a great local event where Golden locals come to show off their cruiser bikes and ride through beautiful downtown Golden in the cool summer evening breezes. Plus there’s always a theme to make the event even more interesting. On July 31st, there is an extra special “Cruiser Paradium” with cool trophies for best costume, coolest cruiser and best classic cruiser! There will be great eats provided by Table Mountain Inn, great beer provided by New Belgium, and live music by great local musicians!
Woody’s is generously donating the beer sales proceeds from the cruiser rides to Golden’s Stage 6 of the USA Pro Cycling Challenge!
Several volunteer activities are available for this event. Volunteers will watch the alcohol barriers at the entrance and back gate of the event, and will work the Golden USA Pro Cycling Challenge merchandise tent during the event. Volunteers should be at least 21 years old. So come on out, volunteer for a couple of hours, and then watch the costume cruiser ride, kick back with friends and enjoy the music, food and beer. The event starts and ends at Woody’s Wood-Fired Pizza, 1305 Washington Ave. in downtown Golden.
Stage 6 Start Village
The Golden Stage 6 Start Village will be the center of all the fun in Golden on Race Day! So, bring the family and volunteer to help out for a couple of hours and then pull up a seat and enjoy the rest of the race and the free concert! The Start Village in Parfet Park will open at 8 a.m. and close at 7 p.m.
The Start Village will include:
- Exciting vendors and exhibitors
- Delicious Food
- Tasty Beer
- The Jumbo Tron—to watch the rest of the race after the riders head out to Boulder
- Free concert by great artists:
- Opening band: J.P. Harris and the Tough Choices
- Headliner: The Samples
We will need many volunteers for various shifts at the Start Village on August 25.
Volunteer activities include:
- Gate Watchers (working the perimeters of the park)
- Runners (Hospitality)
- Set up the Start Village (on Friday, Aug. 24)
- Break Relief (relieving other volunteers while they take breaks during their shifts)
- Beer Servers for the beer tents (must complete a 3 hour alcohol awareness certification training or be previously trained)
- Cashiers to work the merchandise tents
- Break down the Start Village (at the end of the event on Saturday, Aug. 25.)